19 May 2019

NEW BURGERS TEST

Hey!

So to jump right into it, there's been a lot of new vegan burgers coming onto the market recently. So I thought I would give out a short review on them.

First in the test is the Inredible Burger by Halsans Kok. It has 19grams of protein per burger, a 2 pack costs 49NOK and it's relatively healthy in terms of ingredients and fat. It's very "meaty" for a vegan burger and I would taste-wise say it's -incredibly- good, and juicy. I would rate it 4 out of 5.
Next in the test is the Beyond Meat Burger. It's 100% plant based like the others in the test, and it's supposed to taste like meat and bleed like meat (with the use of beet juice). It has 20grams of protein per burger, cost 89NOK (incredibly expensive) and in terms of ingredients it's the unhealthiest burger in the test. Out of the three in the test, this one is my least favorite. It does not live up to it's promises, is extremely expensive compared to the others but taste pretty much the same. This burger was so hyped by vegan youtubers so I was sort of let down. I would rate it 3 out 5.
The final burger in the test is the Oumph! Burger. It has 19grams of protein per burger, is made from few ingredients (pretty much just soya protein concentrate and water) and has a decent price like the first burger. This one was my favorite of the test, and if you compare them in "meatiniess" I find this one to be the one that closest resembles it, though I'm not even sure if that's what they were going for. The texture and thickness makes is really juicy, and it get's a nice crisp like if you'd grilled it. I rate this one 5 out of 5.

These are just some vegan burgers on the market, other that didn't make it to the test are still pretty good. Fun fact about me: I didn't like burgers before I went vegan, now burgers are pretty much my favorite (maybe aside from tacos). I will see you later. 

- Mai 💓


No comments:

Post a Comment